Monday, December 03, 2018

Aggravating Whoops


This is part of a quilt backing I'm piecing for yet another project.
Everything was going great until I started measuring for the next step.
That's what I get for admiring my nice straight seams and the fast progress I was making.
You know, pride before a fall.
The measuring didn't show any problems in length. Good for me!
I discovered something wrong with a piece of sashing. Bad for me.
That sashing happened to be a pieced shashing... and it's seam was facing the wrong side up.
Grrr.
Not only was it wrong side up but it was in the middle of this large section.
That meant I had to rip out four long seams to fix it.
Not a thrilling moment.
I'm still baffled as to how I managed to miss seeing it before this point!
Quite aggravating.



A close up of the offending seam.
It was a pretty looking seam, except for the fact you could see it from the front!
One of the boys said to leave it there.
I just couldn't do that. It would get caught on things.
So I grabbed a seam ripper and started ripping.
After a few tries I got pretty good at ripping several inches at a time in one motion.
It's more like unzipping a seam.
I didn't even poke any holes in my fabric!
It took a few hours but I had everything sewn back together like before...
only with all the fabric facing the right way!

I'm really hoping to have this backing done soon.
I need to get this project on the quilting frame ASAP.

No comments: