Wednesday, November 28, 2018

Twenty Five!!!!

I have officially finished my twenty-fifth quilt!
I finished it last week before I got sick but didn't take pictures until recently.
I loved working on this baby quilt which will be donated.
It was quick, easy, and very thrifty.
I may have spent a whopping $5 on all of the materials.
This was the first time I had ever made pinwheels.
I learned a new-to-me technique for making the pinwheel parts.
It looked easy so I gave it a shot. I will most definitely be making more.
They were so much fun!



The color is off but I wanted a close up of one of the pinwheels.
I was so happy with how they turned out.
Almost all of them had great points!



This photo makes me chuckle.
I pieced the back with two different fabrics.
I attempted to center the seam as best as I could.
It's not as easy to do as it sounds.
The back is upside down, covered with batting, and then covered with the top.
That makes it quite difficult to see the back when you baste the quilt together.
Even with the quilt basted fairly well, it can still shift some while its being quilted.
It wasn't until I was halfway done with the quilting that I realized the seam was exactly centered.
Sometimes I surprise even myself.


 The back shows the quilting quite nicely.
Very geometric.





Purple Pinwheel Quilt
39" x 39"
machine pieced and quilted
low loft Poly-Fil polyester batting

No comments: