Friday, January 11, 2019

New

I totally messed up with a Christmas post. We didn't have many pictures anyway.
Half of us were sick over Christmas break and we did't have internet access for 8 days.
So no Christmas post.
We did have a good Christmas though.

Things are changing around here.
I got a job in the kitchen at the boys' school.
I subbed a few days this last week.
Now all of us ride together to school/work.
Monday I start five days a week.
It will take us a while to get into a new routine.

This last week Pepper missed me while I was at work.
I always play with her when I do chores.
So even the dog has some adjusting to do.



Pepper got a new toy for Christmas.
It's a hedgehog. She loves that silly thing.
She carries it and tosses it around.
We can throw it and she'll bring it back.
Goofy dog.



 While the job is good for it's many reasons, there are some drawbacks.
It will take some time for me to figure out things like Bible reading and quilting.
I've been in the habit for about a year and a half of reading & studying my bible while I eat breakfast and lunch. I also had certain praying themes with my meals. I miss it. Now I'm trying to figure out how my study time will work now. I do have 2 hours after I'm done working to sit and wait at the school. So far I have tried the teachers' lounge and the library. Each time and place has had its share of disruptions. I know eventually I'll find a place & time that will work. It will just take time to settle into a new routine.
I would ask that you pray for me to figure out what will work with my new schedule.

And then there's the quilting...
I set a goal for my hand quilting project that was easy to keep to while I was home.
This too will take time to figure out how to quilt and work.

I'm not a big fan of change while I'm thinking ahead to it.
Once I'm there I go with the flow and work things out as they come.
This also means posts may be fewer for a while.

No comments: