Sunday, January 27, 2019

Random

Totally random.
I was home Friday due to an e-learning day because it's so stinking cold.
So I was catching up on blog posts and quilting! :)
It's so cool to set the posts to publish whenever I want!



I'm sure the temperature was colder than that before I took a picture.
Add to that the wind and it was pretty brutal outside.



We finally took down our Christmas tree last weekend.
We've never put it away so late! Oh well, better late than never.
I'm not sure how well you can see in this picture but this branch was never "opened".
I found several branches on the back side of our tree this way.
I don't remember which offspring admitted to doing this.
Oy, teenagers.



Right now when we go to work/school with a 2 hour delay we can watch the sunrise.
I say 2 hour delay but all of us ride together and get there whatever time the first of us has to be there.
On a 2 hour delay, Dwayne has to be there first by 8. I start at 8:30 and the boys wait in the library or cafeteria until 10.
On a normal day, I start at 7:30. Which means Dwayne and the boys are a little early.
It's crazy but taking only one vehicle saves on gas.
We have had a time when there was a 2 hour delay and they closed the school after we were already there. Not wanting to do that again, Dwayne and I planned to drive separately the next time it was very likely they would close the school. Sure enough, just after starting the van to warm it up I got a text telling us school would be an e-learning day. Dwayne left 30 minutes before. So Nolan and I got to stay home. :)  For some reason Connor went with Dwayne so he stayed at school.



This is one of the bulletin boards in the kitchen at school that the students see.
There is one on each side of the kitchen.
Apparently the kitchen staff decorate these.
I was informed last week that the one on my side was sort of mine to decorate.
I didn't have to decorate it but was greatly encouraged to do so.
Totally not my thing and I recruited some suggested help.



After procrastinating for a few days I got it done.
Not bad for a first timer.
I even have an idea for St. Patrick's Day.

No comments: