Tuesday, January 07, 2020

Christmas Quilts

Christmas quilts!

They do not have a Christmas theme but were gifts.

This idea sort of started back in the summer.



I came across this panel while on vacation and knew my mom would love the birds.
I just had no idea what I was going to make.

My mom hangs small banners on the door to her room.
I thought I could make some.
So I took some measurements and got busy sewing.



I just happened to have some dark brown fabric I found at the thrift store.
It made a great binding for the birds.






Not wanting to stop with birds, I found some jazzy snowmen!
I made the two on the right for practice and the two on the left for mom.
(I ended up sending the two on the right to some friends who used to play those instruments.)



 This was such a fun and quick little project!
It was my first time making hanging pockets.
I love learning knew quilty things.



I counted each one as a little quilt.
That makes my quilt count come to 35.

I completely forgot to measure these when I was done.
I think the snowmen are around 12" square and the birds are about 9" x 15".



Here's one of them on mom's door.
I think I might have to make more in the future.
;)

No comments: