Saturday, January 18, 2020

Vacation Part 10 - Chained Rock

I think this is the last vacation post!
I'm sure I've forgotten a few things but I think I got all the big ones.

On our way home we made a stop at Pine Mountain State Resort Park.
It's just outside of Pineville, Kentucky.
Truthfully, we thought there was a lake here.
We were wrong. It was still a good side trip.
It was supposed to be a quick stop to stretch our legs.
One hot hike and an hour later we were back on the road.
:)


Beautiful.

  


This is half of the town of Pineville.
It's one of our favorite towns to go through on our Tennessee trips.
It has a flood wall with gates around it.
The town itself sits below the highway in a bowl.
Kind of like New Orleans only in the mountains.
I like to pass through but I don't think I could ever live there!


We usually stop at the Little Caesar's that's at one end of the town.


.

We've read about the chained rock that's in the park.
Since we were there we decided to hike to it.
hehe



Lots of steps.



Lots of water trickling on and beside the trail.



Lots of rocks.



Did I mention the rocks?
Oh and there was lots of heat too!



The trail got a little vague at one point.



We did figure it out.
There was a little climbing involved...but not here.
Had you scared didn't I!



This is rock has an interesting story.

  

You can see this rock when you go around Pineville if you know where to look.
Yes, there are signs telling you not to climb the chain.
I wasn't tempted to.




Another view of Pineville.



So that's our "quick" little trip to the chained rock.

No comments: