Sunday, April 19, 2020

Quilt Quack 14

Nothing much going on last week...or this week for that matter.
School e-learning and working.
Eat, sleep, repeat.


This photo quacks me up because I thought I had all of my ducks in a row.
Turned out that one was hiding in the corner.
Silly duck.


The ducklings are growing like weeds.
They’re almost getting too big for our tank.
The three oldest ones had enough feathers to be evicted.
:)



That leaves five ducklings in the house.
They're all the same age.
Pekin ducks, the yellow ones, grow faster than other ducks.
The darker ones are our Welsh Harelequins.
They're so pretty!

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _



I quilt during my lunch break at work.
Here I managed to sew a hexagon wrong side up.
You'd think it would be easier to not make mistakes when hand sewing.
Apparently that's not the case.
Oops.



In my defense, I hold them like this to sew them together.
It's easy to flip one the wrong way.



All fixed.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

I’m trying to get into a quilting groove.
Sometimes it’s hard to sit down and quilt.
Dwayne and the boys are super good at making sure I get time.
I just don’t always use my spare time to quilt.
It took me about four months to hand quilt my last full-sized quilt.
I need to get down to business!


I found this cool Celtic border template.
It fits perfectly between the blocks on the top and bottom borders.
I will need to figure out how to make it work on the side borders as they are a little longer.


Yay! Two sections done.
There are four sections across the bottom
Basically, I've almost quilted half of the bottom border.

No comments: