Friday, May 01, 2020

Blooming


Last week we kicked the rest of our ducklings outside.
We have them in the same pen as the 6 guineas and the 2 chickens.
Depending on the weather, we sometimes let them out to wander the yard.
If it rains we keep all of our ducks locked in their runs.
They tend to make giant messes anyplace that has water...like by the downspouts.



Last fall we planted lots of tulip bulbs.



I think it was somewhere around 36 bulbs.



I love tulips as they remind me of my grandma.



We had to put up a short fence to keep the ducks from destroying my plants.
We fenced around the north flower bed and out by the road.
They don’t eat the plants but rip on the leaves and stomp the plant.
Quite destructive little critters!



I think most of them will recover and bloom.



The ones out by the road are just beautiful.
See the stomped plants in the front row?
Those rotten little varmints!
They're lucky they lay eggs Connor can eat!




Our fruit trees are blooming too!



The red bud tree is getting close!

I think it's finally safe to say that spring has finally sprung!

No comments: