Wednesday, May 06, 2015

Rainbows and a Quilt


I had to show another duckling picture.
It's funny to hear them running in their habitat.
You can hear their feet make thumping noises as they run.



We were blessed with two rainbows yesterday.
Dwayne drove through heavy rain and hail on his way home from work.
We didn't get much rain at the house.


Later we had another storm skim us to the north.
We received little rain from this one as well.


This was the second rainbow of the day.
For a short time there was a second faint bow with this one.



In between storms I managed to finish quilting this quilt.
I'm so excited to have this finished.


This is the first start-to-finish quilt for me.


The back shows the straight line quilting better.
This is my practice quilt.
I'm going to start the binding process this week.
I'm learning as I go.
When I'm done with this project I plan on trying to finish hand quilting Nolan's quilt.
It may take a while, but I'm determined to get it done.
I have to say that I enjoyed machine quilting and can't wait to start a new project.
I'm loving my new quilting adventures.
Especially with my new sewing machine!
(I never thought I would say that.  I used to hate sewing machines.)

No comments: