Sunday, February 28, 2016

Pasta!


This is my new pasta maker I got with my birthday money.
I've wanted to try one for a long time.
Connor can eat some of the pasta from the stores depending on the brand.
However, he cannot eat any store bought egg pasta.
So I make homemade eggless noodles.
The only chicken noodle soup he's ever had I have made from scratch.
(I had planned on trying to make duck egg noodles but the ducks died before I had the chance.)



I had no idea how easy it was to use one of these.
It's almost addicting.
I was kind of sad when I was out of dough.
I know it sounds crazy but it was so much fun!



The pasta machine comes with two width options.
A spaghetti type width and an egg noodle type width.
I don't know the fancy noodle names, that's just what they look like to me.
I'm amazed at the wide range of thicknesses available.
I could easily do angel hair pasta and thick egg noodles with this.



I would also like to try making ravioli.
Connor can't eat the store stuff because they all have eggs in them.
And as soon as our ducks start laying eggs, I'm making noodles!

No comments: