Thursday, March 03, 2016

Where are the Bowls?

Confession time.
My dearly beloved family needed bowls for their supper,
which was chili.
There were no bowls in the cabinet or dish drainer or dirty on the counter (let's be real, it happens).
So that night for supper we used three soup mugs and one toddler bowl with tractors on it.
Not ideal but hey, it held the chili.
So where were all the bowls?


Every last bowl was in the freezer.
I freeze left over food in them.
I also make large batches of refried beans and freeze those too.
That's what occupied all of these bowls.
Lots of beans and several meals.
In my defense, I just did a large batch of beans two days ago.
The rest were forgotten :)



The next morning I promptly took care of the bowl problem.
The food was removed from the bowls and wrapped in plastic wrap.



Then they're placed in labeled ziploc bags.
I have a sheet hanging on the side of our refrigerator with a list of frozen meals.
This has come in handy so many times.
We save money by not throwing out the left overs.
We save time when we were rushed for a meal.
It's also helpful when I'm sick or nobody feels like cooking.
I've been doing this for a while and everyone knows where the left over bin is in the freezer.
It's a win-win.
In case you can't read the labels: chicken noodle soup,
beef cabbage soup, beef cabbage hash, and two bags of refried beans.
Now, if only I could remember to empty the frozen bowls quicker next time...

No comments: