Saturday, July 16, 2016

In the Meantime


We found this guy (or gal) in our house this week.
We caught it and was curious to see if it would sing while spending the night inside.
It escaped sometime during the night.
It never sang.
And yes, we did find it the next morning and let it outside.



We're enjoying our duck eggs.
This was Connor's first request, giant chocolate chip cookies.
It takes one egg and a yolk to make these, which is something
the powdered egg replacer cannot duplicate.
They're so big only three will fit on a cookie sheet at a time.

 _ - _ - _ - _ - _ - _

I may have mentioned before going to Tennessee that
my sewing machine also decided to take a vacation.
I was really bummed until I remembered it was still under the extended warranty.
So my top priority after we got back was to pack it up and send it off for repairs.
They have it and are working on it.
I'm hoping to have it back sometime next week.
So in the meantime I have been cutting lots of fabric.
While we were gone I went to a couple of fabric shops.
And lo and behold one of them was having a half-off sale!
Be still my quilting heart.
I of course had to take advantage of that!
I bought some Christmas fabrics that I hope to make a tree skirt with.
When I pull some fabrics from my stash to add to them, I'll take pictures of those too.



The fabric I ordered for Connor's quilt arrived before we left.
I loved the chickens, they're perfect for my chicken loving boy.
And the rich blue matches well with the chickens.



The blue is the sashing that goes around all the boy & dog blocks.
For an example of the blocks see Nolan's quilt.
The chickens are going to be the outside border.



It's all ready for the sewing machine.
I can't wait to complete this quilt top!

While I was searching for all my sewing machine parts
I found two more bags of jeans that were stashed away.
Since Connor's quilt pieces are boxed and waiting for sewing, I'm back to cutting jeans.

No comments: