Wednesday, August 03, 2016

Whew!

It has been a really long time (according to blogging time) since I last posted.
I didn't realize how long it had been.
Hm. Not sure where to start.
In a nutshell: got ready for camp, went to camp, recovered from camp.
Windows upgrade.
That pretty much sums up why I haven't blogged in a while.

Before camp:


We did a little shooting around on the farm.
Dwayne set up a can and told the boys to see who could hit it first.
Connor smoked Nolan.
It was quite funny.


Shooting some cat tails.



Finally got a picture of this cat.
It's one of the zillion barn cats down on the farm (the other end from where we live).
I'm not a fan of cats but this one has cool markings.
It pretty much sums up how a cat is.
One minute he's your friend, and the next he's your enemy.



Connor showed me this clod of dirt he picked up.
Doesn't it look like a small island?



Some beautiful morning mammatus clouds.



One of Connor's many creations.
He also made a fleet of small ships.
Although he begged me to take pictures of all the ships, there's too many to put in a post.

Camp:


So this year was Nolan's sixth and final year as a camper.
It was Connor's fourth year and final year as a junior camper.
This was also my fourth year helping in the kitchen.
It's my job to tend to the needs of the campers with special diets.
My initial list was 15 this year!
We've never had so many.
I knew I needed help so I recruited a young lady that used to go to church with us.
We divided the list to those who brought meals and
those who needed advice on what to eat/not eat.
And we volunteered for snack drops
which meant we got to use a golf cart!



Connor at the rifle range.



This was Dwayne's third year helping.
He does dishes and cleans latrines.
As you can see he has a lot of fun even though it's a lot of work.



Camp was an awesome time as usual.
Nolan participated in the skits this year and loved it.
We told Nolan that all of us were going to camp next year.
This year he was to be on the look out for how he could serve next year.
He's decided to be a CIT (counselor in training).
We explained that it was going to be hard work.
He said that's what he wants to do.

No comments: