Friday, August 05, 2016

63

Papa would have been 63 today.
I have been dreading this day, not knowing what to do with it.
I can't ignore it and he's not here to celebrate.
This day is hard.


He couldn't wait to get to 63 so he could retire.
He had plans but it wasn't meant to be.



Last year my dad was in a car accident.
He was fine but the other driver, who was at fault, totaled dad's car.
The insurance finally kicked in and he got a new vehicle.
I made him a cake for his birthday last year because he was supposed to come for a visit.
He had to postpone that visit so he could finish paper work during that time off.
I never told him about the cake because I was going to
make another one for when he came a few weeks later.
That was the plan.



He was planning on coming on Saturday.
He was killed the Thursday before.



A few weeks ago I was going through the photos on the computer and
came across the pictures I've used for this post.



Somehow I had forgotten them.
I love this picture.
It captures my dad well.
His orneriness anyways

No comments: