Thursday, August 11, 2016

Still Waiting

This is an update about my sewing machine, or lack of.
I was supposed to have it back in "a few business days".
Those conditions were for normal repairs.
Well, they had to send mine to the manufacturer.
Which now means it will take four to six weeks.
I'm trying not to be frustrated.
After all, it's all being taken care of with my extended warranty.
I am now realizing how much I miss my sewing machine and I can't wait to have it back!
I'm bound and determined to get stuff done anyway.
Here's what I've done so far:

1. Connor's quilt:
Cut and ready to piece together.
Boxed and labeled.

2. Jean quilt:
After I was gifted two bags and found two more in my closet, I decided to cut more jean squares.
The quilt will now be a total of 342 squares (19 x 18, approx 104.5" x 99").
I need to cut more sashing to correspond with the additional squares.
Also boxed and labeled.



3. Christmas Tree Skirt:
I finally settled on a pattern by Loonwatcher that I found on Craftsy via Pinterest.
(Aren't internet rabbit trails fun?)
The instructions are a little vague but I think I can figure it out.



These are the fabrics I'm definitely using.
I have some other fabric I may throw in the mix as well.
I'm still deciding.
And this is boxed and labeled too!

Funny thing about the boxes.
I'm organized only in a few areas.
My kitchen, our homeschooling, the camping gear, and my quilting stuff!
Ask me where anything is in the aforementioned list and I can find it in a heartbeat.
Everything else is loosely organized chaos.

No comments: