Saturday, December 31, 2016

WIP Update

Time for another work in progress update.
This is more for me than anyone else.
So bear with me.
;)


This is the current state of a table runner I'm working on.
When the square is finished off, it will be half the finished size.
Well... that's the plan.
I may like the square size and stop there.
That's the beauty of quilting.
You can make it however you want.



I find it to be quite relaxing to do the hand piecing.
As you can see, they're fairly small.


3/4" hexagons.
If I ever do hexies again, I think I'll try a bigger size.
I've been seeing lots of grandmother's flower garden quilts that look very tempting.
Maybe that should go on a quilting bucket list.



These awesome red clips were a Christmas gift.
I can't tell you how much I love my Wonder Clips!
They're like miniature close pins only better.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

I have batting on the way for Connor's quilt. So I should be sandwiching and basting it soon.
I still haven't decided how I'm quilting it, let alone if it will be hand or machine quilted.
Connor's vote is for machine quilting so he can have it sooner!

 - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

I also ordered some flannel backing material for our king sized blue jean quilt.
I have lots of piecing to do on this quilt.
It's no where near being completed.

 - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Like all quilters, I have a dozen ideas floating around in my noggin.

I would like to try to make a backgammon mini quilt.
I think I'll make it out some of my dad's ties.
(I've got two bags of them that I saved just for quilting.)
It would be a nice tribute to him as he loved backgammon too.

I'd also like to tackle repairing some old family quilts. One of them is made from wool coats.
I call it the lead apron quilt... that's what it feels like to be under it.

I'd also like to make a half-square triangle sampler quilt.

That's a lot of goals for the year. I better quit and go quilt!

No comments: