Friday, June 16, 2017

And So It Ends

Shortly we will be finishing up our lessons.
It's always a good feeling to finally be done with school for the year.
A sense of accomplishment and relief at the same time.
But this year it will be bitter sweet.
We will finish our eighth year of homeschooling.
It also seems to be our last as we've decided to put the boys in public school in the fall.

I don't believe homeschooling is for everyone but we loved it.
I remember when someone asked me if we homeschooled.
My response was, "I could never homeschool."
I think God kind of chuckled on that one.
About a year later we were homeschooling.
Doing what I never dreamed of in a million years.
I think Dwayne thought I was crazy when I first approached him with the idea.
Once we made our decision, we ran with it.

No school is perfect, they all have flaws.
We had our good days and not so good days.
We had days with lots of fun... and days we just called it quits.
Some years were easier than others.
We've learned a lot over the years.
Things that couldn't be learned from a book or in a classroom.
(Although I think I finally got the basics of grammar!)
Our time of schooling was special.



The first day of homescholing 2009 and today.



First day of Connor's homeschooling 2010 and today.



My phone takes OK pictures, except for selfies.
Every selfie that has been attempted ends up like this.
I'm OK with that, I'm not a selfie kind of person anyway.



Second attempt... still fuzzy.





 And this is what happens when Connor grabs the phone in a bout of orneriness.
Stinker.


So that's the end of our homeschooling chapter.
It was a good run.

No comments: