Thursday, June 08, 2017

Sampler Finish

I have officially finished quilt number 10!
I joined a sampler sew-along that used half-square triangles.
This one project tackled two of my quilting goals for the year.

I learned several things along the way with this quilt.
Mainly things not to do... haha.
All in all it was a fast and fun quilt to work on.



I did another printed label.
I learned that I could simply tape my fabric to a piece
of printer paper instead of ironing it to freezer paper.
This greatly simplified the process.
And I figured this out all by myself... and it worked!



Another thing I learned with this quilt is that you cannot have too many basting pins.
This photo was from the second time I pin basted.
I started over after my first attempt of quilting.
Let's just say it didn't go as planned.
Puckers are not a quilters friend.
I spent quite a bit of time with my seam ripper that afternoon.



I wanted quilting that wouldn't add to the craziness of the fabric.
I decided to quilt this with all my stitching going in the seams.
Quilters call this "stitching in the ditch".
I kept track of my quilting with this sheet so I wouldn't forget where I had been!


The best place to see the quilting is on the backside.




We've had beautiful bright sunny days.
Unfortunately, my phone white-washes the yellow fabric a little.



I will confess that the colors of this quilt were not my first choices.
It's growing on me.



 Certainly is a bold quilt.



I found this adorable fabric for the backing.
It's a fun one with lots of cute little Woodstocks frolicking around.



Quilt stats: 56.5" x 56.5"
designed by Andrea Smith
machine pieced
machine quilted

No comments: