Friday, December 29, 2017

Christmas


We had a very nice Christmas this year. Low key just how we like it.
We had a beautiful snowfall perfect for Christmas morning.
(Pretty time is over, the snow can leave now...)




We had a great visit with my mom.
We were thankful the snow stayed away until after our visit.
It was nice of the snow to do that.



It's not the greatest picture but it's Pepper on her new warming blanket.
We moved it to her doghouse the next morning.




For Christmas morning I made Grandma Schultz's cinnamon rolls.
I finally got them right!



Someone was excited to get Jim Carrey's Christmas Carol.




Oh look, more books on writing.
We also got him a book on writing fight scenes.
You need something to use those weapons for...





That would be Connor's itty bitty flash light that is from his new knife.
And yes, there's a stuffed duckling stuck beside his face.



I took the boys roller skating.
I brought along my hand quilting project to do in the snack area.
As much as I love quilting, I would have loved to have skated with the boys.
My foot is slowly returning to normal... very slowly.
Someday I'll be able to put my skates on again.



Sorry for the fuzzy picture.
He was squatting not falling.



The last several years the boys have not exchanged gifts with their cousins.
We have done an activity instead.
This year we went bowling and had a blast.
OK, I watched and the rest bowled but it was still fun.




Spare!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


It was a nice several days with food, family, and play time. I was hoping I would escape this holiday season without having a major mourning moment. I made it all the way to the evening before Christmas Eve. Then I fell apart for a short time that lingered into Sunday morning worship. I had a couple of sad moments before then but not the onslaught of tears like this time around. I'm pretty sure it was the predicted snowfall that triggered memories with my dad on Christmas Eve. I should have expected it. It's part of life. It's good to have good memories of a missed Papa.

No comments: