Monday, December 18, 2017

How About That


The other week I attended a painting party.
Before coming to the party our group picked a nice winter scene.



I'm not much of a painter.
The teacher took us through step by step showing us exactly how to do each thing.
Those of us who weren't painters kind of commiserated together over the harder steps.
There was a lot of laughter.
Oh and chocolate. We rewarded ourselves with chocolate after the hard steps.
Chocolate makes everything better.



We had lots of fun attempting things we don't normally do.
I'm such a visual person that this is probably the only way for me to paint.
All in all it wasn't so bad and I'd probably do it again.



Here's my painting.
Yes, there's a little Indian Runner duck.



I have to admit that this little duck is my favorite part of the whole painting.
He wasn't in the sample original.
There's supposed to be a fancy "peace" scrolled across the mid bottom area.
(You might be able to see them in the group photo above.)
I knew that my skill for lettering with a paintbrush was lacking,
so I attempted a duck from a photo on my phone.
I'm pretty proud of my little guy and I kind of wish he had some friends.
However, I knew that there was no way to do that again and
make it look good so I quit while I was ahead!
And that's the short story of my painting with a duck.

No comments: