Sunday, December 31, 2017

Quilting Goals

My quilting goals for 2017 were as follows:
  • backgammon mini quilt with my dad's ties (ties taken apart but that's it)
  • repair old family wool quilt (not touched)
  • half-square triangle sampler quilt (Snowy Day Quilt Sampler) (done)
  • blue jean quilt (pieces cut, a handful of pieces sewn)

Doll quilt
Finishes that were not on a list:
  • doll quilt
  • A Boy and His Dog 2 (Connor's quilt)
  • mini quilt (Nolan's wall hanging)
  • Two Double Irish Chain baby quilts
  • Jeep baby quilt
  • Barnyard baby quilt
  • Christmas table runner



In reviewing my quilting goals for 2017, I've only managed to get one item on the list done. That's perfectly fine with me because I did finish a total of 9 quilts this year (all on this post). Two of them were very small at less than 22" square. Another smaller one was a table runner. Two baby quilts went to charity. I learned how to paper piece which was very exciting. It's like sewing by numbers. This alone opens up so many possibilities. I also purchased some quilting software to make my own patterns. I have already made several and hope to sew them this coming year.


paper pieced spinning wheel block

I was going to try to pick my favorite quilt for the year and I just couldn't. I like each one for different reasons. OK, there's one I like a little less than the others but that's just me. It was somewhat out of my comfort zone.


Goals for 2018 (not in any particular order):
  • tackle backgammon mini quilt (Honestly, this is just procrastination because I'm not sure how to proceed with it, so some research is needed before I can continue.)
  • repair old family wool quilt (Research is needed with this one as well.)
  • patriotic table runner
  • graduation gift quilt top, maybe start quilting it
  • Christmas tree quilt (it's really cool and simple)
  • paper pieced quilt
  • charity quilts
  • blue jean quilt
  • continue working on crazy hexagon table runner (started 9/20/16)



We'll see this time next year how I do on my goals.
I don't really care as long as I'm quilting!

No comments: