Saturday, July 21, 2018

Quilting Update

This is a short post on quilts that I'm working on.


I've finished my Village Quilt top a few weeks ago.
Unfortunately, I needed to put this quilt on the back burner until the spring.
I hate to do that but I have another quilt with a deadline.



I really like this quilt and look forward to quilting it...
eventually.



 In the meantime, it's hanging on my quilt rack in the living room.
At least I can look at it.
:)



What's the other quilt?
Well, it's a gift quilt.
I probably won't be posting much on this because it's a gift and I'd really like to keep it a surprise.
I will probably post a few peeks here and there.




I've been cutting and cutting on fabric for about a week.
I have also been stacking up the scraps and left over pieces.
:)



I thought the trimmings looked pretty in my purple quilting trash can.



I think I finally got all my pieces cut for this quilt.

84 black squares
84 black rectangles
180 inches total length of black border
42 black and white squares
84 black and white rectangles
46 purple squares
(it's all one color of purple, the light makes it look funny.)

No, I didn't work on it everyday... but it did take about a week.
I'm hoping to start sewing on this after camp.
And in true quilter fashion, I've got another quilt working in my brain as well.
I'm trying to figure out how to work that in the schedule too.
It depends on how the gift quilt goes.

No comments: