Thursday, July 26, 2018

I May Have a Problem

When I started this post it was about one shopping trip at the local thrift store.
I have made another trip since then and acquired yet more.
More of what you ask? Why fabric, of course!
This place has all their fabric tossed in large plastic totes.
I sift through them looking for quilt quality fabric. It's hit or miss most of the time.
There were several weeks of no quilt fabric whatsoever. (Which always bums me out.)
Not so for the last two trips. :)

They sell their fabric for $2.50 per bag.
I spent less than $6 for all of the fabric in this post.
(That would get you about half a yard in a quilt shop.)
Super happy quilter!!!

This is the bounty I came home with on my first trip.
I don't mind occasionally spending money on good quality quilt fabric.
However, I would much rather spend the same money (or less) and get lots more fabric.
That's more fun.


I found not just small pieces but yardage!
White, pinks, and several shades of purple too.
Plus I found fat quarters still in their packaging.
Bonus score!



This baby panel was a great find.



This is part of the bounty from the second trip.
Lots of goodies in this pile too.
A few panels, patriotic fabric, muslin, and yardage.



I found this pillow fabric with both front and back panels.



This was another fun panel that I came across.
.


This is the other part of this trip's bounty.
I came across this bag full of already cut squares.
What a find!
It appeared to be something someone started but didn't finish.
It even had the instructions for the barely started project.
I have no intentions of finishing it. I'm planing on my own projects.



I think there were around twenty sandwich baggies with squares in them.



I dumped them out and sorted them.
There was even a piece of sand paper in one of the bags.
It was used as the template to cut fabric with. It's quite an ingenious idea.
The sandpaper keeps the block from sliding on the fabric while you cut.



I have no idea how many squares there are. I didn't count them.
There are even several fabric families. (Same pattern but different colors).
I think I'm going to use these for a scrap four square quilt.
I can't wait.

No comments: