Wednesday, July 04, 2018

Vacation: Quilt Shop Hop

One of the many adventures we had while on vacation in Newport
entailed my own personal quilt shop hop.
I cannot tell you how excited I was about this!
We live a little over an hour from the nearest quilt shop.
So to have my own shop hop was amazing.

A shop hop is just what it sounds like.
You visit one shop and immediately go to another.
There are even organized bus trips for such an event.
Quilt shops also encourage these things by offering specials to those who are on an official hop.

To say I was like a kid in a candy shop would be an understatement. :)
It was so much fun.
We went to three different shops.
I returned to two of them before we left that part of Tennessee.
Have I said it was fun? I was a little giddy.
I'm still excited about it and can't wait to do it again.
(So y'all have been forewarned!)



Huge thank you to these awesome folks for driving us all over.
Two of the quilt shops had rocking chairs... they must be for the family
that's drug along enjoying the shop with the quilter.

Sadly I forgot to take a picture of the outside of this shop.
It's in Sevierville, TN
It looks small on the outside but trust me it's jammed full of quilting goodness.
I bought a pattern and some fabric scraps there.
They have a neat scrap bin in the back of the store. They sell it per ounce.
I got a nice supply of blue cloud strips.
It took two trips but I think I got them all. Hehe.
(I even used some of it in my village quilt!)



Another shop was Mountain Stitches by Susan.
This was a smaller shop as well but also full of goodies.
They had a nice collection but were a little more expensive.
The bonus with this store is that it's next door to an ice cream shop...
also good for those tagging along who don't quilt.



This is one of my favorite places, Holloway's Country Home.
It's only 10 minutes from our friends' house.
It's a downright shame it's on a main road that goes everywhere...
I also was here twice. :)
They have great scrap bags among other things.
Super happy.

I know everyone is just dying to find out what I bought.
Here's my fabric bounty:


This is the pile of scraps I dumped out of a gallon zip loc bag.


Same pile but sorted.
I was so excited to find the exact fabric I'm using with some of my village quilt blocks.
Bonus score!



The aforementioned stash of blue sky strips.



The pattern I bought. The sample in the shop was red, white, and blue.
I plan on doing a scrappy version in patriotic colors.



Found this beautiful fabric that's perfect for my village quilt.
It's my favorite color!



I've been wanting some panels.
You can do so many things with them.
I got a few.



I'm loving the barn quilts.
Can't wait to use this one!



This isn't a panel but a large scrap with a barn.
I know I'll make good use of it.



We couldn't leave Tennessee without a bear.
There was also a fox but they were out of those.

So that's my vacation quilt shop hop adventure.
Now if I could just sew and quilt all day...

No comments: