Friday, November 02, 2018

Irony Things


You may remember that we acquired several pieces of cast iron during our vacation this summer.
If not, you can read about it here.
Some of them were in desperate need of deep cleaning and seasoning.
The little corn bread pan I did right away as it was in good condition.
The two big pieces, however, would require several days of elbow grease.
I decided to wait until fall when the outside temperatures would be
more conducive to several hours of oven usage.



This pan was quite gross. I knew it could be cleaned because I've done it before.
I had one once that was so bad it stunk up house for several days!
Thankfully this one wasn't smelly, just icky.
I alternated from boiling water in it to scrubbing it with rock salt.
Boil, cool, dry, scrub, dry, repeat.
I eventually got some steel wool.
It took a couple of days but I got it clean. :)



This is how it came out after only two seasoning sessions in the oven.
All ready to use!



We could not wait to use this one.
It's probably one of our favorites.
I can fix a lot of hash browns at once!



This one required a lot of scrubbing too but not quite as much as the deep one.
We use this frequently as well.
Now we have two double burner griddles.
:)



I finally tried cookie dough in the skillets.



 They turned out really well.
We did let them cool extra long so they would come out clean.
We cut the big ones like a pizza.
Dwayne promptly nicknamed them pazookies.

No comments: