Monday, December 12, 2016

Buckeyes


So winter has showed up.
This was from a week ago.



It snowed again this past weekend as well.
I didn't get any good pictures.
I didn't want to go out in it :).
I was enjoying some quilting and baking.



Pepper was running around like a wild banshee.
Labs love snow.

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * 



It's been a while since I posted anything to do with "evidence of children".
This most certainly qualifies.
I found these pictures on my camera... and I didn't take them.



Then I remembered that Connor told me he took some pictures of his Lego gun.
This kid is always creating something.
It a break barrel gun.
So creative.
(Maybe he should put the Legos down long enough to find his camera...)

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _



And speaking of creative.
I've finished quilting the squares and the black border on the tree skirt.
Now I'm marking the final border.
I've decided to go with clam shells.
It will probably take longer but I think it will look cool when it's done.



When I learned drafting, it was all done on a drafting board with paper and pencil.
I even learned with wooden pencils and moved to mechanical ones later.
Yes, that makes me old.
I loved it.
Still do... which is why I still have all my templates, t-squares, and triangles.
Now I'm discovering new uses for them.
They're perfect for marking quilts!
(Maybe not with all the old templates... who wants plumbing fixtures on their quilt?)

__________________________________________________________________________



Last but not least, the buckeyes!
We made Sunbutter buckeyes.
They turned out awesome.
Sorry, I can't share.
They're almost gone.
But trust me, you wouldn't know they didn't have peanut butter in them.

No comments: