Tuesday, December 20, 2016

Christmas Tree Skirt Finish


A finished quilt!!!
It measures approximately 45 inches across.
It's machine pieced and hand quilted.
I think it took about a month to quilt.



This was a lot of fun to make.
I had originally planned on quilting free-hand as I went.
I quickly changed my mind due to the fact I can't stitch straight on my own.
Haha.



I also wanted each square to be different.
For the most part I stuck to that.
The exception came with the little triangles.
Each one of those has a star.
I used a wide variety of things to mark the quilt: old drafting templates,
bowls, french curves, cookie cutters, and even the quilting hoop.
When I couldn't come up with an idea to quilt I asked the boys for help.
They came up with some neat patterns to use.



I went with diamonds for the smaller border and clam shells for the larger border.







Wind is helpful when you're taking pictures...
I love the festive candy backing.



Some of the cookie cutter blocks.





One of our favorite cookie cutter shapes!



We really like the way it turned out.


In its new home.

No comments: