Thursday, August 02, 2018

No Problem!


I think I started this thing two years ago.
I have finally finished sewing the rows.
I'm super excited!
I have been watching videos on how to add a border.
Now I just need to decide what color.
Hm. I'll have to see what's in my stash.
My goal is to make the entire thing from scraps.

=========================================================



A while back I posted about my scrap triangle jar.
I decided two days before leaving for camp, to sew some.
One thing led to another and before I knew it I had a mini quilt!
:)


I chain pieced like no tomorrow.



Then I had a pile of half square triangles to snip apart and trim.




Four swipes with the rotary cutter on each of the 48 squares.
I have a rotating cutting mat that makes this job easy.
I quickly had a pile of half square triangles to work with.






I laid them out and started sewing rows.




 I squared it up as best as I could.
The bottom row is a little askew.
I did not starch my fabric before I started...lesson learned.

I have it all sandwiched and basted.
I haven't decided how to quilt it just yet.
It took a whole two days to do this.
It probably would take only one afternoon if I had time to do it in one sitting.
So it definitely falls under the QDD or squirrel project!
I've got a couple more projects in my head.
Not to mention more scrap triangles. ;)
I think I'm beginning to lose count of projects...that's another post for another day.

No comments: