Thursday, July 24, 2014

Kite and Quilt


One of my volunteer red sunflowers.



Connor flying his kite.
He has flown his kite almost every day since finding his string handle.
We just gave him 500 feet of kite string.
He's going to have to go to the pasture to fly the kite now!



Quilt pictures, as promised.
I have acquired a quilting frame!
I started quilting this using a large hoop.
I quickly realized that wasn't going to work.
There is way too much quilt to move around for a hoop.



My in-laws had mentioned they had a quilting frame and said I could use it if I wanted to.
Of course with my lack of quilting experience I said no.
It didn't take me long to realize that I really did need one.
Not only did they deliver it, they said I could have it.
I'm a very happy beginner quilter now.



This is how much quilting I got done on a hoop.



This is what I've done since it went into the frame.
It's much easier to work on now.

I wonder if I could finish quilting by Thanksgiving?
(Insert copious amounts of laughter here.)
I don't know how a Christmas tree and a quilting frame are
going to fit in the living room at the same time!

No comments: