Thursday, July 17, 2014

Not a Happy Mama

I'm a happy mama.
This bird, on the other hand, is not.


She's not happy because one of her babies has jumped the nest.
It happened while one of the boys was looking at them.
Now mama bird is not happy with us.
She swooped at me while I was trying to get a picture of the nest.
Not wanting to get whacked in the back of the head, I quit and took a picture of her instead.



This picture was taken several days ago when there were still four babies.
As you can see, the nest was quite crowded then.



I quickly took this picture today.
This is probably my last nest picture.
Mama bird swooped at me again.
I think there's only three babies there but it's hard to tell.




That's chewing gum not tobacco.



Casey occasionally sleeps with her head on the bottom rail.
Goofy dog.



The cat occasionally uses the dog for a pillow.
Goofy cat.



This week Connor got to brown hamburger for the first time.
He was thrilled to finally be able to do it.
He wanted to do this a long time ago but he was too short!
Not anymore. :)
~
This also week marks one month since my surgery.
I am doing great, better than any of us anticipated.
I still need the occasional nap but for the most part I'm back to normal.
Whatever that is.

No comments: