Saturday, July 05, 2014

Two and a Half Weeks

It's hard to believe that it's been two and a half weeks since my surgery.  Each day seems like I have more energy than the previous day.  I still tire easily and need naps though.  This week I drove for the first time.  It wasn't bad but I felt every bump go from the steering wheel, up through my arms and straight to my head.  That will take some getting used to.  I also started doing some light work around the house.  Mostly to quell my boredom and partly because I can :).  I'm still quilting and will post a picture when I get a good sized chunk done.

Another milestone was that I have been slowly walking farther each day.  This morning we walked about a mile.  We hear quails all the time out here in the country.  Today was no different.  We were talking about how you always hear them but you almost never see them when one flew across the road right in front of us.  I wished I had my camera with me although I suspect I would have been too slow on the draw to get him.  Maybe next time.

No comments: