Wednesday, August 22, 2018

Quilt Quack 11

It's been a long time since there was a Quilt Quack post!

We now have 13 ducks (11 hens and 2 drakes).
Our lone Pekin bachelor (not pictured) has a date for freezer camp.
AKA he's getting butchered today.



The ducks were following me around thinking they were getting peas.



I didn't disappoint them.



This is Hazel, our youngest hen.



I think this might be her first egg.
When they're this size, they are called "fairy eggs".
This is probably the smallest fairy egg we've ever had.
Ironically, it weighs about the same as the quarter.



The Runners are typically skittish even if I have peas.



Connor still loves his chickens.

___________________________________________________________________



I have had several successful fabric shopping trips at our local thrift store.
I have lots of fabric to sort and wash!
This pile had plenty of cut squares and yardage.



I found some fun prints on my most recent trip.
Cow, zebra, blue flames, galaxies, and several others.



I have finally decided on a blue border for my confetti table runner.
Now I need to cut it and pin it in place.
I will hand sew the borders to the hexagons.



Just one of the many blocks I'm making for one of my current projects.
My goal is six of these per week.
I am hopeful to have the top done before November.

I have a couple more quilts in the planning stages as well.

No comments: