Monday, August 06, 2018

Teeny Tiny Quilt

 I have officially finished another quilt!
Quilt 23. It was fitting that I finished it Sunday, my dad's birthday.
He was my biggest quilting cheerleader.

This quilt was one I have been wanting to make for a while.
I made many mistakes but I love it!
Plus I found the cutest little quilt rack to display it.
I will most definitely make more this size.



 A close up of the stitching.
I machine quilted it.
It might have taken me a whole five minutes to quilt.
:)



This quilt is the smallest I've ever worked on.
I had no idea what I was doing when it came time to add the binding.
It was a little rough going at first.
It didn't look too bad from the front.



The backside, however, clearly showed I needed a do-over.
Ugh.
So, even though I had sewn about 3/4 of it, a date with Jack ensued.
It didn't take long to rip out the stitches.



The second time around I decided to ditch the machine and do it by hand.
It took a little longer but it was worth it.




Almost all of the triangles for the squares came from my scrap triangle jar.
I was only two squares shy of my size goal.
Those were quickly cut from other scraps.



The backing came from fabric found at the thrift store.

I keep all of my left over binding strips in a box.
I found the exact length and color I needed.
The only thing I did was cut it skinnier.



So what size is this tiny quilt?
6 3/8" x 8 3/8"


Isn't this small quilt rack the cutest thing ever?
I saw it at our thrift store months ago.
I actually forgot about it.
I was in the store last week for their fifty percent off day and happened to see it.
It sat on the topmost shelf above my eyesight, so I could have easily missed it.
I couldn't believe it was still there.
I hem hawed around and decided not to get it. I'm not a nick-knack kind of person.
After I got home I couldn't stop thinking about it... it was half-price after all. ;)
So I called Dwayne and had him pick it up for me on his way home from work.
I knew there was a chance someone else would pick it up before he got there.
That was OK with me.
As you can see, it was still at the store.
(Crazy quilter happy dance.)



Now my plan is to make more quilts and change them out with the seasons and holidays.
I can't wait to make more!

No comments: