Saturday, June 27, 2015

Abundance


An abundance of laughter.
Pepper has this Lambchop toy she loves to play with.
We were tossing it around for her to fetch and retrieve.
She was having a blast, until it landed on the roof.
Pepper walked over to the side of the house and looked up.
Nobody wanted to get the ladder.
It was fairly close to the edge of the roof.
So I went fishing.
It's been a while since I went fishing.
It took me a few casts to get the hang of it.
I only caught the gutter twice.
Eventually, I retrieved the dog's beloved toy.
Everyone was laughing at me, but I got the toy.



An abundance of chickens.
We do enjoy our chickens and ducks.
Our rooster, Zeus, started crowing last week.
My father-in-law has been telling me how pitiful they sound when they start crowing.
Boy was he right.
It's almost hysterical.
I'd love to share what his crow sounds like,
but he doesn't crow on demand.
He seems to grow mute whenever I've got the camera.
As soon as I'm back in the house, I hear him crowing.
Frustrates me.
I think he's doing it on purpose!


He's not a terribly mean rooster.
We're still able to pick him up.
He tries to boss the ducks around though.
They immediately turn on him and snap their beaks at him.
Makes me laugh.


So, for now you'll have to use my description and
your imagination on how pitiful his crows are.
Imagine a teenage boy's crackling voice and a duck being squeezed.
He is getting better.
And one of these days I will get it on camera.


 

An abundance of water, still.


It rained again this morning.
An abundance of thankfulness that our basement is still dry.


An abundance of apples.
This poor tree is loaded with apples.
It's being propped up because we found it
leaning due to the saturated ground.
We're hoping the tree and it's apples make it.

  

An abundance of black raspberries.
There's so many!


Pepper eats them right off the branch!
Goofy dog.


Behind the old rotten-falling-down-house,
resides oodles of raspberry plants.
They are so full of berries that we picked five quarts and didn't make a dent.



Signs of berry picking.


An abundance of yummy goodness in a black raspberry cobbler!


And an abundance of blue stained mouths!

No comments: