Friday, June 19, 2015

Flood Water, Frogs, and a Blessing!


This has nothing to do with this post, but I had to show it anyway.
Nolan was supposed to be doing his morning chore.
He looked silly so I took a picture.
I know, no big surprise that I got my camera.




How's the flooded basement?
Well, day three and still the same.
We pump, sweep, and squeegee two to three times a day.
The water is clear, not funny looking like in these pictures.
I think the flash caught the bubbles. 


I call it "family squeegee time".
Fun times.
Actually, we're very thankful we didn't have much in the basement.

Here's a video for you viewing pleasure.




 On a lighter note, we have some very tiny frogs/toads.
About a month ago we captured these tadpoles from a drying pond.
The next day the pond had dried up,
which is so hard to believe now.



These are the tiniest baby frogs/toads.
I have no idea what they are.
They're so small, it's been difficult to identify them.
I'm leaning toward toad.

~

And now for some awesome news!
Connor's eating soy!!!!!


His first sunbutter and jelly sandwich on store bought bread.


He didn't really like the taste at first, but now he loves it.
He's also had gold fish and graham crackers for the first time.
I made a chicken casserole for the first time in years.
It calls for cream of chicken soup, which has soy protein in it.
He ate it, loved it, and didn't have any reactions!
My mind is swimming with all sorts of new foods for him to enjoy.
We're so excited!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Johnny appleseed was once depicted in the same way.
I thought maybe we were going for an Ahmish haircut.