Friday, June 05, 2015

Homeward Bound


We didn't want to but we had to say good-bye to our dear friends and their mountains.

We like to make lots of stops on our way home.
It took us almost twelve hours instead of the normal nine.



We found a pair of binoculars, among other things, at a flea market.


We made our usual stop at Clinch Mountain.




Walking the wall in deep thought.


It seems like there's always someone there who's willing to take our picture.
And we do the same.


The tunnel at Harrogate, Kentucky.




One of the last mountains.



Yes, that's me driving.
I'm not fond of it, but decided Dwayne could use a break.
The boys tease me because the last time I drove on
vacation we sat on the interstate for a while.
I ended up driving almost all of Indiana, including Indianapolis.


Since I was driving, Dwayne took the helm of the camera.
This is part of the reason I don't like to drive.
I want to see everything.


The cool bridge in Madison, Indiana.


We stopped for a short visit in Madison.


We had burgers from this place.
Good stuff.


Eventually we made it back to our neck of the woods.
The tallest things around here are windmills and cell towers.

No comments: